Frequently Asked Questions
Updated on October 22, 2013
HOT: Why some settings are missing?
A: Because you didn’t read update log.
HOT: Why cannot switch driver mode? (battery saving or high quality)
A: Only CPU with NEON have choices. To change, uninstall and reinstall.
HOT: Why no effect?
A: Visit Troubleshoot page.
1. Which to install? FX or XHiFi or Both?
A: The difference is explained in V4A main page. Install FX first. XHiFi is optional.
2. Where is the build.prop lines in instructions?
A: This step is optional. Those lines are not in every device. You can skip this.
3. Can I still install V4A if I already using other sound mods?
A: Yes, after installation, open V4A app and switch to Compatible Mode.
4. Why installation fail?
A: Root or SU binary issues. Use latest SuperSU.
5. Why is superuser not supported?
A: V4A does support superuser. Some superuser version have bugs, please use a stable version of it.
6. Why music lag after display off?
A: This is due to CPU speed too low when screen if off. Make sure you are not using some battery saving CPU governor.
Switch CPU governor to ondemand/interactive to increase CPU speed or increase minimum clock speed.
7. Where is minimal phase equalizer?
A: FIR Equalizer is the name of our EQ, minimal phase is a type of EQ. Its activated for High Quality Mode and Super Audio Quality drivers.
8. Why does the effect keeps on skipping/cutting (on off on off spontaneously)?
A: Submit bug report.
9. Why no effect on Third-party players such as Poweramp and TTPOD?
A: Disable their own sound effects.
10. Why no effect in MIUI player?
A: Try turn off MIUI default equalizer.
11. Im using Meizu, Flyme system, why effect gone after i display lyrics?
A: Flyme modified Android’s Audio principle, so lyrics will be treated as music effect by the music player, so V4A cant be used.
12. V4A FX/XHiFi effects suddenly disappeared?
A: Android system kills certain processes due to memory limits. Install V4A app as system app (Put in /system/app/ and restart)
13. Why there is background noise when using V4A effects?
A: This is Android’s MusicFX bug, this will happen on all other sound mods.
Suggestion: Backup and Delete /system/lib/soundfx/libbundlewrapper.so
14. Why bass reduced in v2.3.x?
A: Due to sound improvement, audio effects are more precise than before. Therefore, re-adjust your settings.
15. Why is volume reduced in v2.3.x?
A: Volume controlled to reduce noise level. (THIS does not mean you can reduce noise by lowering volume xD)
16. Why is there more CPU/Battery load in v2.3.x?
A: Quality improved for NEON devices. For now you cannot change to battery saving priority.
17. Why ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi always FC?
A: Uninstall and Reinstall V4A. If not submit bug.
18. Why ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi creates unexpected effects and different from other users?
A: Use Normal Mode and disable other sound mods such as Noozxoide. If not, reinstall.
19. ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi doesnt run after reboot?
A: Check anti-virus or any startup manager whether V4A is disabled on startup.
20. V4A FX/XHiFi effect gone after using data-killer?
A: Please add ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi to data-killer whitelist or exception.
21. V4A XHiFi effects gone after reaching certain volume? (~70%)
A: This is due to Sony Xperia hearing protection library.
Suggestion: Backup and Delete /system/lib/soundfx/libhearingprotection.so
22. Why volume reduces after 10 seconds?
A: This is not caused by V4A. Most probably you installed a bad and faulty xLOUD, ClearPhase or S-Force Front Surround port.
23. In-call volume reduced?
A: V4A will not affect call volume.
24. What if my phone/tablet cannot detect headset plugin?
A: Use lock effect mode and choose headset.
25. V4A effects will spoil internal speaker/headset?
A: Firstly, there’s an audiophile limit in your phone, even if you max every single settings in V4A, u will never achive that limit.
If the limit is achieved, your ears will blown off before the headset.
If your earphone is not used to high volume/bass, with long period of high volume/bass will cause your headset to spoil (without V4A it will also spoil)
For speaker, if a new phone straight away max the volume, within few days there will be distortion. Start off with 50~70% volume and after some time only max the volume.