v2.2.x to v2.3.x Special Update Instructions
Important: New v2.3.x has new package name, follow these steps.
1. Open old v2.2.x, save the effect profile.
2. Uninstall old v2.2.x. Complete uninstall, including both driver and app. Reboot.
3. Install new v2.3.x, choose desired driver mode. (for NEON CPUs)
4. Reboot, open new v2.3.x and load effect profile saved in step 1.
Setup your Device
For Samsung devices,
1. Try install V4A as user app instead of system app if the latter failed doesn’t work.
2. Use Normal Mode and select V4A FX in Settings>Sound>Music Effects.
3. If don’t work, use another player rather than Samsung stock Music player.
1. ROOT your device.
2. Install busybox if doesn’t come with root.
3. Modify build.prop (Thanks Bradl79@xda)
a. Open up /system/build.prop in text editor using any file explorer with root access.
b. Change the line (If you can’t find these lines, skip this step.)
– “Ipa.decode=true” to “lpa.decode=false”
– “tunnel.decode=true” to “tunnel.decode=false”
– “lpa.use-stagefright=true” to “lpa.use-stagefright=false”
1. Download, extract and copy ViPER4Android_FX/XHiFi_2.3/4.x.apk to your device. 2.3 for Gingerbread roms and 4.x for ICS, JellyBean and KitKat roms.
2. Install the apk as USER app or SYSTEM app is up to you. (v220.127.116.11 onwards)
3. Run FX/XHiFi app from app drawer, allow root access if asked.
4. When driver installation prompted, choose Yes.
5. V4A auto detects your CPU and show available driver modes below :
No modes: For processors without or without VFP. Battery Saving: Available for all processors with NEON. High Quality Mode: Available for processors with NEON. Super Audio Quality: Available for processors with NEON.
6. Choose your desired selection.
7. After installation done, Reboot device.
8. If you want to use only V4A as audio effect, follow normal mode. If you want existing audio effects to work, follow compatible mode.
9. In Sound settings > Music effects, always choose V4A FX unless FX is not installed.
10. Open up V4A FX (and xhifi), in menu, FX Compatible Mode set to Normal Mode.
11. If not working, try Compatible mode before trying Force-Enable.
9. Do not change anything under Sound settings/
10. Open up V4A FX (and xhifi), in menu, FX Compatible Mode set to Compatible Mode.
11. If not working, use Normal mode and disable other effects.
12. How to use IRS in Convolver? See IRS page: here.
Option 1: Use the “Check for update” function in V4A app itself.
1. In V4A app, go to menu and select Check Update. It will redirect you to a page.
2. Download latest apk from the page.
3. Install apk and overwrite. (Replace in system/app/ if its SYSTEM app)
4. Open up FX (and XHIFI), Choose “Yes”. Reboot, done.
Option 2: Download from Website/XDA
1. Download latest FX and XHIFI apks from Website’s Downloads section or XDA.
2. Install apk and overwrite. (Replace in system/app/ if its SYSTEM app)
3. Open up FX (and XHIFI), Choose “Yes”. Reboot, done.
1. Open up V4A FX (and xhifi), go to menu and choose “Uninstall driver”.
2. After that, uninstall V4A FX (and xhifi) app itself.
3. Reboot. Done. Bye-bye V4A.